What is Online Banking?
Online Banking is one of the fastest, most convenient ways to access your personal banking information. With Commercial Bank online banking you can access deposit and loan accounts, view balances, transfer funds and pay your bills from your computer. Using your unique logon ID and password, you can perform banking transactions online wherever and whenever you want, from any compatible PC with internet access. It’s safe, convenient, and best of all, it’s FREE!
What banking transactions can I perform with Online Banking?
Online Banking allows you to make transactions online and manage your accounts, balances, bill payments, and deposits more closely.
- View balances and transactions on your deposit accounts, loans and investments (CDs and IRAs).
- Pay bills to virtually anyone in the United States with FREE online bill payment.
- Transfer funds between your accounts.
- View information on loan accounts including escrow amounts and payment history.
- View check and deposit images online.
- View checking and savings account statements through E-Statements
- Order checks.
- Request a Stop Payment.
- Email our online support and customer service team through our Secure Messaging Center for information on accounts, products or services.
- Online banking is an ideal way to pay your TCB loans quickly. Simply transfer funds from your checking or savings account to the TCB loan you wish to pay. It’s easy and gets your account paid fast!
What are some of the features of Online Banking?
- Free Bill Payment! – Pay your bills with Online Bill Pay when and where you want. Bill Pay is FREE for all TCB customers.
- Online Check Images – Online Banking customers with a checking account can view their posted checks and deposit images online.
- Stop Payments – Customers can place a stop payment on one or a series of TCB checks through Online Banking
- E-Statements – No more waiting for the mail. E-Statements allow you to view eligible checking and savings account statements through Online Banking absolutely FREE!
Is Online Banking available to businesses?
Yes, Online Banking is available for FREE to all TCB customers.
What do I need to start using Online Banking from The Commercial Bank?
All you need to start banking online is a TCB account and a computer with internet access.
How safe is Online Banking?
The Commercial Bank takes every precaution to keep your online experience safe. The Commercial Bank uses 128-bit encryption for Online Banking. Encryption is a process that transforms sensitive information into a string of unrecognizable characters before they are sent over the internet. This greatly increases the security between The Commercial Bank and the internet browser on your computer. The following are TCB supported browsers that offer this highest level of encryption:
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
If you use an older browser, it is recommended that you upgrade to one of The Commercial Bank-supported browsers listed above. There is no special software needed to access Online Banking. Once you sign up, you will be able to access Online Banking anytime from The Commercial Bank’s homepage at www.thecommercialbank.net.
In addition, The Commercial Bank uses phone and email authentication messages to ensure that only you can access your Online Banking accounts.
How do I register for Online Banking?
You can complete our secure Online Banking enrollment form here. The online enrollment form is completely secure, so please fill it out as thoroughly as possible.
What happens if I stop using Online Banking?
While Online Banking is a free service, it may be cancelled if there has been no activity on the account for a period of six consecutive months. If cancelled, you would need to re-enroll to reactivate the service.
How safe is Online Banking?
The Commercial Bank takes every precaution in keeping your online experience safe. Your online banking information, including login ID’s and passwords, are protected by multiple layers of security including SSL and multifactor authentication (see more about multifactor authentication below).
Why do I need to accept “cookies” to access my financial information through Online Banking?
A cookie is a text file that resides on your internet browser. As part of the security of your data, cookies remind The Commercial Bank of your particular preferences and security requirements. If your browser prompts you when a cookie is “presented,” you must accept it or the access to your confidential information will be denied. Since cookies are site-specific, only The Commercial Bank can access, decode and make use of the information.
What is Multifactor Authentication?
Multifactor Authentication is the layering of security authentication measures in order to make The Commercial Bank Online Banking experience as secure as possible. The first security measure that Online Banking customers have is their unique logon IDs and passwords. These credentials are yours alone and provide excellent security for your Online Account, but The Commercial Bank adds another layer of security in the form of Secure Access Codes to give you peace of mind while banking online. Secure Access Codes are unique strings of numbers that are delivered to any email account or phone number that you approve, whenever you request them. The codes are delivered quickly (usually in less than one minute) and allow our customers to feel completely confident in the security of their financial information.
What does The Commercial Bank do to protect you?
- We verify your identity. We use existing account information from our records to verify your identity before taking any steps to create your account.
- User ID and Password. Your username and password are unique identifiers and no one can access your account without them.
- Automatic Lock-Out. If someone attempts to log in several times with the incorrect User ID and/or password, your account will be locked.
- Automatic Log Out. Online Banking automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive longer than 20 minutes.
- Encryption. We encrypt (128-bit Secure Socket Layer) your information so that it cannot be read as it passes over the Internet.
- Additional Security Measures. Our network is structured so the servers that store your account information are not directly connected to the Internet, and we utilize firewalls, updated anti-virus software, application security and more to secure your Online Banking experience.
What can you do to help protect your online information?
- Be wary of correspondence that asks you to disclose your password or account detail. Attempts to solicit your private information are known as "phishing." Phishing e-mails often contain links to fraudulent Web sites. Do not follow links from e-mails to access password-protected Web sites. Remember, we will never ask you to provide private information by e-mail.
- Create longer passwords that use a combination of letters and numbers. Avoid using family member or pet names, birthdates and phone numbers.
- Never write down or share your password. Passwords should never be automatically filled in by a computer. The same holds true for your security questions and answers.
- Change passwords regularly. Do not alternate between the same passwords.
- When you log in to Online Banking you are in a secure session. Make sure by looking at the web address - it should start with https://.
- Only use Online Banking on computers with up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spam software.
- Sign off from Online Banking if you must step away from your computer or you have completed your tasks.
How do I sign up for Online Banking?
You can enroll in Online Banking by filling out our secure Online Banking enrollment form here. It takes as little as 10 minutes to create your Online Banking account with our secure online enrollment.
Is there a charge to use Online Banking?
The Commercial Bank Online Banking service and the Online Bill Payment service are FREE for all our customers!
What are the system requirements for using Online Banking?
All you need to start banking online is a TCB account and a computer with internet access meeting the following operating system requirements.
Minimum Operating System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Macintosh OS X
If you use an older browser, it is recommended that you upgrade to one of The Commercial Bank-supported browsers. There is no special software needed to access Online Banking. Once you sign up, you will be able to access Online Banking anytime from The Commercial Bank’s homepage at www.thecommercialbank.net.
Online Bill Pay
Is there a fee for using Online Bill Pay?
No. TCB Online Bill Payment is a free service to all The Commercial Bank online customers!
How does my payment get processed with Online Bill Pay, and when is the amount deducted from my checking account?
Depending on how your payee accepts payments, your Online Banking bill payments are sent to your payees in one of two ways: by electronic debit, whenever possible; or by mailed, paper check at no extra expense.
Electronic payments are preferred, and are sent when possible, and your checking account is debited on the business day you selected for that payment.
If a payee accepts checks only, an individual check is sent by mail and your checking account is debited for the payment amount on the business day that the check clears your account (just like a handwritten check). When making a non-electronic payment (using a mailed, paper check) make sure you take notice of the estimated delivery time. The postal service will need a few days to deliver the mailed item (we recommend setting these mailed items to pay 4 to 5 days in advance of the due date to allow sufficient delivery time).
How does Online Bill Pay work?
To pay your bills online, simply add the companies and people you want to pay into your list of Payees in the Online Bill Payment dashboard. We use this name, address and account information to direct your online and paper check payments to the proper recipient.
The Bill Pay Dashboard section lists all of your scheduled bill payments for the current month. To pay a bill, simply select the desired Payee and then enter a payment amount and the date you want the company or person to receive the your payment . You can also select this date from the calendar.
Tip: When you enter an amount, Online Bill Pay automatically displays the estimated delivery date the biller will receive the payment.
You can pay as many bills as you want at the same time from the Bill Pay Dashboard. The Payment History and Scheduled Payments sections provide a quick summary of your recently made payments and recurring payments on schedule to be paid in the future.
How do paid bills appear on my account?
The bill payments processed as electronic debits appear on your account as ONLINE BILL PAYMENT, followed by the name of the electronic recipient for that payment. The payments made with paper checks will have a check number and image to view similar to your regular check images.